Friday, December 22, 2023

Yoshinobu Yamamoto is officially a Major Leaguer. But guess with who?

 In my daily dose of MLB, I learned that Yoshibobu Yamamoto signed a 12-year $325,000,000 contract. Guess with who.

You guessed it-the Dodgers! Boo.

After landing Glasnow ad Ohtani on huge deals, they decided to land the righty in an enormous deal. They've now spent over a billion dollars this offseason, and I bet the other teams are calling this unfair.

Yamamoto has won three straight Japanese Cy Young Awards, and in his 7 years in Japanese baseball, he has compiled an impressive 75-30, 1.72 campaign, so yeah, this guy's dominant. 

However, when players from NIPPON come to the Majors, they tend to not do as well. It's like AAA overseas and the Bigs here. Nonetheless, Japan just won the WBC (World Baseball Classic), and this is the best pitcher they've got. And Kodai Senga just came over from Japan this past season and had an awesome campaign (12-7, 2.98, 202 Ks). So, seeing as how Yamamoto was even better than Senga in NIPPON, we'll see what happens with him. 

Just so you know, this was the transaction I was looking at most this offseason, because I knew Ohtani was going to sign with the Dodgers ad I've taken quite an interest in the young stud. Looks like LA is making a run (a very expensive run) for the World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoshinobu Yamamoto is officially a Major Leaguer. But guess with who?

 In my daily dose of MLB, I learned that Yoshibobu Yamamoto signed a 12-year $325,000,000 contract. Guess with who. You guessed it-the Dodge...